Philippine National Police (PNP) is the primary investigation is the top rating action-drama series of ABS-CBN's FPJ's Ang Probinsyano.
About[edit | edit source]
Passed on December 13, 1990, Republic Act No. 6975, the Department of the Interior and Local Government Act of 1990 paved the way for a new era for Philippine law enforcement as the law ordered the total merger of both the Philippine Constabulary and the Integrated National Police and formally created the Philippine National Police. R.A. 6975 was further amended by R.A. 8551, the Philippine National Police Reform and Reorganization Act of 1998, and by R.A. 9708. The R.A. 8551 envisioned the PNP to be a community- and service-oriented agency.
Units of the PNP[edit | edit source]
Operational Units of the PNP
- Maritime Group (MG). This group is responsible to perform all police functions over Philippine Territorial waters, lakes, and rivers along coastal areas to include ports and harbours and small islands for the security and the sustainable development of the maritime environment.
- Intelligence Group (IG). This group serves as the intelligence and counter-intelligence operating unit of the PNP.
- Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG). This group provides security to government vital installations, government officials, visiting dignitaries and private individuals authorized to be given protection.
- Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG). This group monitors, investigates, prosecutes all crimes involving economic sabotage, and other crimes of such magnitude and extent as to indicate their commission by highly placed or professional criminal syndicates and organizations. It also conducts organized- crime –control, all major cases involving violations of the revised penal Code, violators of SPECIAL LAWS assigned to them such as Anti-hijacking, Anti-Carnapping and Cybercrimes among others and atrocities committed by Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP)/New People’s Army (NPA)/National Democratic Front (NDF).
- Special Action Force (SAF). This group is a mobile strike force or a reaction unit to augment regional, provincial, municipal and city police force for civil disturbance control, internal security operations, hostage-taking rescue operations, search and rescue in times of natural calamities, disasters and national emergencies and other special police operations such as ant-hijacking, anti-terrorism, explosives and ordnance disposal. On a special note, the PNP Air Unit is placed under the supervision of SAF.
- Aviation Security Group (AVSEGROUP). This group provides security to all airports throughout the country.
- Highway Patrol Group (HPG). This group enforces the traffic laws and regulations, promote safety along the highways, enhances traffic safety consciousness through inter-agency cooperation concerning Police Traffic Safety Engineering, Traffic Safety Education and Traffic Law enforcement functions and develops reforms in the crime prevention aspect against all forms of lawlessness committed along National Highway involving the use of motor vehicles.
- Police-Community Relations Group (PCRG). This group undertakes and orchestrates Police Community Relations programs and activities in partnership with concerned government agencies, the community, and volunteer organizations in order to prevent crime and attain a safe and peaceful environment.
- Civil Security Group (CSG). This group regulates business operations and activities of all organized private detectives, watchmen, security guards/agencies and company guard forces. It also supervises the licensing and registration of firearms and explosives.
- Crime Laboratory (CL). This group provides scientific and technical, investigative aide and support to the PNP and other investigative agencies. It also provides crime laboratory examination, evaluation and identification of physical evidence gathered at the crime scene with primary emphasis on medical, biological and physical nature.
- PNP Anti-Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG). This Group serves as the primary unit of the PNP in addressing kidnapping menace in the country and in handling hostage situations. And
- PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group (PNP- ACG). This Group is responsible for the implementation of pertinent laws on cybercrimes and anti-cybercrime campaigns of the PNP.
Members[edit | edit source]
Police Lieutenant Colonel[edit | edit source]
- PLtCol. Victor Basco (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
Police Major[edit | edit source]
- PMaj. Roxanne Opeña (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
- PMaj. Avel "Billy" Guzman (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
Police Captain[edit | edit source]
Police Lieutenant[edit | edit source]
- PLt. Karlo Ramos (PNP-CIDG)
- PLt. Camille Villaluna (PNP-CIDG)
- PLt. Marielle Lazcano (PNP-CIDG)
- PLt. John Gary Tuaño (PNP-CIDG)
Police Chief Master Sergeant[edit | edit source]
- PCSgt. Jerome Girona Jr. (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
- PCSgt. Hannah Robles (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
Police Senior Master Sergeant[edit | edit source]
Police Master Sergeant[edit | edit source]
- PMSgt. Glenda "Glen" Corpuz (PNP-CIDG)
- PMSgt. Rigor Soriano (PNP-CIDG)
- PMSgt. Rolando Reyes (PNP-SWAT)
- PMSgt. Eric Gabriel (PNP-CIDG)
- PMSgt. Louie Rallos (PNP-CIDG)
Police Staff Sergeant[edit | edit source]
- PSSgt. Katrina "Kat" Velasco (PNP-SAF)
Police Corporal[edit | edit source]
- PCpl. Ramil "Manager" Taduran (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
Police Patrolman[edit | edit source]
- Pat. Patrick Espinosa (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
- Pat. George "Wangbu" Espinosa (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
- Pat. Gregorio "Greco" Cortez (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
- Pat. Marsial "Butete" Matero (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
- Pat. Dante "Bulate" Villafuerte (PNP-CIDG/Task Force Agila)
Formerly[edit | edit source]
- Isabel Tiongson+
- Catherine Parana+
- Celeste Miranda
- Tricia Almario
- Samantha Salazar+
- Gelyn Gomez
- Eric Opeña+
- Henry Eugenio+
- Benjamin Santos+
- Christopher Hernadez+
- Roger Cueto+
- Greg Sebastian+